In a conference, Chris Fearne announced many new details about the vaccine which is set to be arriving in the coming weeks.
The Pfizer vaccine is to arrive in Malta in the first days of January while the Moderna vaccine is expected to arrive in early February.
Who will receive the vaccine in January?
- People aged 85 and over.
- Healthcare workers in public and private hospitals.
- Staff and residents in homes for the elderly as well as mental hospital patients.
Who will receive the vaccine in February?
- All of the remaining front-liners.
- People aged over 80.
The third set
- People with chronic illness.
- People aged over 70.
- Staff at schools and childcare centres.
The fourth set will be people aged over 55
The reaming population will be eligible to get vaccinated after.
People eligible to get vaccinated will receive a letter containing the date and location for both doses. The second dose is taken 21 days after the first dose.
You can watch the full conference below: